Thursday, May 8, 2008

Intermediate Low

I passed my language exam which means that tomorrow I will be swearing in as an official Peace Corps Volunteer. On Sunday I will be heading up to the Fouta to start buying things for my hut and then on Wednesday I will move to my village. Its pretty crazy that its finally happening. PST was a whirlwind of emotions and while I'm sad to be saying goodbye to some of my friends heading to other parts of the country, I am excited to finally go to my site and start working. I know I should write more, but at lot is going on right now. I will try and upload some more photos on Saturday if I have some free time.

3 comments:

Barb said...

You did it!! Congratulations!

love --

Mom

marina1127 said...

Wifey - I'm so proud of you! And to echo Jenny's facebook post, you look fabulous, but where are these infamous cornrows you speak of? :)

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures! Congratulations!

Love,
Wifey

Kate said...

What things must one buy for a hut? Congrats on passing the exam!