Saturday, July 19, 2008

Electricity has been working against me as the last two times I have tried to use the internet the power has been out. But I posted a post I wrote a couple of weeks ago below and I have added a link to my picture website on the side. Time has been flying by and I will be headed back to Thies in two weeks for a month worth of training (and ice cream and wi-fi cafes and trips to the beach) which I am looking forward to, and not just just for the ice cream but because that means when I get back to the village I can actually start working which is kind of why I am here. Besides that nothing too excited has happened, still trying to get used to the pace of village life and the struggles with the language. I did see my first snake that fell down from my family shade structure while I was sitting under it, but don't worry one of my brother's killed it with a big stick. Also the sand storm I mentioned in the previous post turned into the first rain storm of the season. Apparently once the rainy season starts my village turns in to something like an island, when I went for a walk with my brother out into the fields the other day he informed me that is where they fish during the rainy season, so thats something to look forward to, I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he killed it with a big stick?!?

Sarah said...

Yep a big stick. Its was kind of like that episode of The Simpsons when they kill all the snakes...